Requirements for Wood Badge Registration
In order to register for the GPC Wood Badge Course you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently registered with BSA as an adult leader.
- Possession of a current Class 3 Medical Form.
- Completion of all of the required training for your current position.
- This is more complicated than it sounds since occasionally some adults have more than one registered position in Scouting.
- For the purposes of the Wood Badge course you must select ONE position as your "Primary Leadership Position in Scouting." That will be the position in which you will design and work your ticket so you will be committed to an active role in that position for about 2 years.
- This diagram shows the training required for adult leader positions in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing.
- You do not have to complete ALL of the training on the diagram. You DO need to complete all of the training above the dotted line in your program (each program uses different color blocks).
- You do not have to complete your training in your current District. For example, sometimes due to scheduling people cannot attend a training in their District. The same training in another District is equally valid.
- Have a belief in the value and importance of Scouting for youth.
- Send in a completed Registration Form with a deposit to hold your spot.
- Have a commitment to fun!